Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#31 and #45

Well hey there folks! So, it has been quite a while since I have last blogged, but I have been super busy with school this past month. So, I decided to take a break and for a little while and update you on some things...by marking off a  few things on my 101 list! woohoo!!

31. Learn to eat with chopsticks
Yes...I am just as surprised as you are about this one but I finally accomplished the task of eating my entire meal with chopsticks. If you know me at all, you know that I am not the most graceful person, which includes eating. But, I decided to put this on the list because I have tried to do it several times and never had any success..until a week ago! A few friends and I went to a sushi place one night called Nama, where I ordered sushi for the first time ever (it was delicious). I decided it was time to learn to eat with chopsticks..in which my good friend Amber showed me the right technique to use. So, I can officially mark this one off!   And you never know, maybe I will go buy some chopsticks and eat every meal with them...then people will be asking me for my techniques..but I'll take one step at a time :)


                                                                                    45. Sing around a campfire
So, this one is a little different than learning to eat with chopsticks and it's a little more meaningful. This past weekend I attended a college ministry retreat, also known as the "Get To Know Ya" retreat. It was the second year I went and I love this time where you just "get to know" other college students from the church. On Friday night, we had a huge bonfire outside (cause it would be dangerous to have one inside) and we just had time of sharing what God is doing in our lives. After that, one of the members of the college band began playing his guitar and singing, in which we all joined in. It was one of my favorite parts of the retreat, as a group of college students gathered aorund a fire to worship. Therefore, I can now mark off singing (and I might add beautifully singing :) )  around a campfire.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment