Saturday, September 17, 2011

#27

27. go to the Tennessee fair!

When I was growing up, the fair was such a big deal..school                     
would even be closed for "fair day." I mostly went to the fair
to eat all the fried, greased, unhealthy foods...which was glorious.
It was the one day I could eat all this stuff and not feel bad about
it! But anyways, it has been years since I last went to the fair and I have really wanted to go back. So last night, a few friends and
I decided to go to the TN Valley Fair in Knoxville. It was definitely
an adventure to say the least.

-We watched the rodeo where one of the cowboys got hurt very
badly..an ambulance had to come and get him..it was scary! (they
believe he will be ok but please pray for that cowboy)
-We watched some bullriding...In my opinion, whoever came up
with the idea of riding a bull had to be out of their mind! But, those guys were intense and so good at it!
- I overcame a fear of mine as I rode the ferris wheel..I hate
heights..but it was fun (granted it wasn't the biggest ferris wheel I've seen).

I enjoyed going back to the fair, but I think as a kid, you think the fair is this huge ordeal that is the best thing ever. I realized last night how much I 've changed since then. For instance, as a kid, I would have ridden every ride there, eaten everything in sight, heights didn't really make me nervous, and I probably would have stayed there for hours and hours. But, I just think that's what happens as you get older. However, I loved the fact of just walking around the whole fair because it brought back some good memories from when I was younger.
                                                         Pictures from TN Valley Fair
                                                                  On the ferris wheel

ferris wheel entrance
                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment