Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Big Orange Mess...in The Big Orange Country

Tomorrow starts the first day of class..which will also be the first day of senior year...wait what?!! Yes, this will be my senior year of college. It's crazy to think about how this time has already come and it seriously feels like the past three years have happened in a blink of an eye.As I prepare to start my final year of college at UT, I think about my freshman year and starting this new chapter of my life. As my friends and family know, I absolutely LOVE Knoxville and it feels like home to me...but it was not always like that. My first year here was hard, overwhelming, and nothing I imagined it would be. There were many days that I would lay in my dorm room and just wonder if I made the right decision coming to Knoxville. But, as I decided to stay and continue my time at the University of Tennessee, I realized the Lord had a plan set out for me all along. One of my favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11, which says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." This verse has held so much meaning for me as I have been on my college journey.

So, as I start the final part of my chapter here at UT, I look back and see how God really does make all things beautiful. I can honestly say that I would not be the same person if I didn't stay here and I can honestly say that I wouldn't have wanted my college years to be any different..because they have been some of the best years of my life.

                                        

Coming to the University of Tennessee, I have found many things here.
I found my best friends here...friends that have become like family.
I have found amazing opportunites here..such as going to New York City and Chicago.
I have found life-changing experiences...such as cherish the important things.
I have found traditions here...going to football games and singing Rocky Top every five seconds

I realize this is a more in-depth post, but I wanted to share a little of my journey at Tennessee and why it has meant so much to me.So, on that note, I hope that wherever you are in life, to never give up because you may not realize how much the Lord is working in your life and what a wonderful plan He has set for you.

Rocky Top, you will always be home sweet home to me!

                                             Football Orange & White Video Contest
                                       
                                         

1 comment:

  1. Good old rocky top! WHOOOOOOO! rocky top TENNESSEE!! :) sing loud for me this season... i'll be singing from haiti :) love you!

    ReplyDelete