Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Life Matters.

      Does what you do really matter...is it even significant at all? Does one life make a difference in a world full of billions of people? These may be questions that have all raced through our minds at one point or another, as we continously strive to find our purpose in life. And many times, we get so caught up in going through the motions, we come to believe some things are just simply meaningless. In the book The Purpose Driven Life, it goes on to state that most people struggle with three basic issues in life. The first is identity: "Who am I?" The second is importance: "Do I matter?" The third is impact: "What is my place in life?" For many, these are not easy questions to answer but I have come to firmly believe that nothing in life is arbitrary and every person matters.     
     This past weekend, I had the opportunity to attend a weekend conference with my church, in which the main theme was centered on how one life truly does matter...and this has been on my mind all week. I have always believed that a person's life is important, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized how much importance a person's life really holds. Each of our lives is of significant value and worth. We may not know it at times, but believe me when I say..it matters. When I was thinking about this, one quote came to mind. It states, "It's amazing how one person can change your whole life without meaning to. It's like they can be a big part of your world and not even know." To me, that is part of the beauty of life...where we have the ability to impact someone's life...the ability to impact their world....and the ability to form relationships and love one another. Personally, I am blessed beyond measure with the people the Lord has placed in my life, as they have impacted my life more than they will ever know.
       Recently, I watched "The Help" starring Emma Stone and after I watched it, I related it a lot to this main concept from the conference. In the film, nobody cared about the maid's point of view and treated them with nothing but disrespect...that was until the character of Skeeter came along. To make a long story short, she changed their world by just sitting down and listening to their stories, as her world was also changed. All in all, my point is that one life matters. Your life matters. Your story matters. Everything was created for a purpose, including us. The Lord reminds us in Isaiah 44:2, "I am your Creator. You were in my care before you were born."

No comments:

Post a Comment